To register for and see all our upcoming events, check
out our page on Eventbrite!
Welcome to the Aggie Innovation Space (AIS), Presented by Intel. Located on the third floor of the Ed and Harold Foreman Engineering Complex, the AIS is a student-managed facility established to offer students access to state-of-the-art resources to foster innovation and entrepreneurship and serve as a gathering point where students can connect to work on projects. Students have access to experienced mentors, new technologies and the latest engineering design software and tools. The AIS is equipped with 3D printers, an electronics station, a variety of sensors and programmable development boards, robotics kits, extensive multi-disciplinary software, and low-resolution prototype materials to enhance the creation of innovative technologies.
- A learning environment that invites innovation, ideation, creativity and entrepreneurship.
- Experienced engineering students on hand to assist in the engineering design process and prototype development and training for students to use the available equipment.
- 3D printing and prototype materials to make the creative process come to life.
- Electronics equipment and programmable development boards (Galileo, Arduino, and Raspberry Pi)
- Robotics equipment
- An environment that bridges the gap between classroom knowledge and real-world application.
- Pathways to new business start-up.
Equipment, materials and consumable supplies available in the Innovation Space were acquired through funding from Intel Corporation and the NMSU President’s Performance funds. Additional support for the development of educational programs within the AIS was provided by corporate partners including Sandia Labs/Lockheed Martin, Halliburton, Western Refining, Cummins Inc. , The Boeing Company, and TRAX International.