We have moved!
The Aggie Innovation Space is now located in EC1, Rooms 210A and 210B.
You can get to the new AIS facilities via the second floor of ECIII, or by taking the stairs by the MTEC shop on the first floor of EC1.
Located on the second floor of NMSU’s Engineering Complex 1, the AIS is a student-managed facility established to give students, faculty, and community members access to state-of-the-art resources to help foster innovation and entrepreneurship. The Innovation Space serves as a gathering point where students can connect to work on projects.
Students have access to experienced mentors, new technologies and the latest engineering design software and tools. The AIS is equipped with 3D printers, a fully-stocked electronics lab, a variety of sensors and programmable development boards, robotics kits, extensive multi-disciplinary software, and low-resolution prototyping materials to aid in the creation of innovative technologies.
- A learning-focused environment that encourages innovation, ideation, creativity and entrepreneurship
- Experienced engineering students on hand to assist in the engineering design process and prototype development and training for students to use the available equipment
- 3D printing and materials for rapid prototyping
- Electronics equipment and programmable development boards (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.)
- Robotics equipment
- An environment that bridges the gap between classroom knowledge and real-world application
- Pathways to new business start-up through partnership with NMSU’s Arrowhead Center
Equipment, materials and consumable supplies available in the Innovation Space were acquired through funding from Intel Corporation and the NMSU President’s Performance funds.